Class Meeting Times, Location

Tuesdays and Thursdays, 11:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m., Henkel 223

Monday, June 23, 2014

Moving on

Keep writing.
Photo: MLB
I hate to say goodbye to this class because I've loved every minute of working with and getting to know each of you. We have learned so much together and from each each other. You all have taught me more about bravery and truth than I had hoped to teach you.

Thank you, all, for working so long and hard on narratives that have become important to you. Your writing is lovely, your voices strong, and your messages powerful. No matter what you choose to do with your narratives, know this: you have each grown through writing the story that you needed to.

Whether you write fiction or memoir, this collection of memoir-writing advice from Salon is useful and fun to read. It covers several writing lessons from our class as well as some we did not. I offer it as a TTYL gift.

Keep writing,
Dr. Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment